Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally settling in!

I apologize for the late notice, but I am just wrapping up the first week in my new place and things have been completely hectic, as I am sure you all understand. Someone once said the most stressful things in life are marriage (yes!), divorce (definitely!), and moving (indubitably!!). We managed to do the entire move in 1 weekend - packing and all. This week, we didn't even take a day off of work. So now we are realizing that all the pots and pans are still in boxes and we have exhausted nearly all the pizza places in town (scant pickings, by the way). So last night we mustered up the strength to get groceries and made a really fantastic salad.



Spinach Berry Fun Salad
(almost all organic ingredients)
Baby spinach
Red onion, sliced
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Red Pear, diced
Blueberries
Walnuts, Pecans, Cashew mix
Goat Cheese (for the non-vegan)

I try at all cost to avoid store bought salad dressing for many reasons. The main reason being that I love making my own salad dressing inventions and the second reason that they almost always have some weird poly/trans fats. But again, since all of our kitchen equipment is inaccessible for the time, I gave in to a bottle of dressing. Wow! I was really surprised. It was actually tasty and not full of crap ingredients. Nice.
I don't want to propagate the brand, because I am actually a bit ashamed that it was so good.



In the end, it was such a hit! And thank goodness too, because that's what we're having again tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment