Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Smoothie Recipe

Welcome to Sunday in June.
Gloriously overcast, slight chill in the air. But this is Toronto, so at least there's not 5 feet of snow. Today is a good smoothie day for me, so I thought I'd share the ingredients for what I just whipped up. I had 3 peaches and a young coconut as the base. I threw in a banana to thicken it up, and accidentally poured about 3 tbsp of raw cacao in (ooops!). Next time I may omit the cacao.



Peach Coconut Blast
3 ripe peaches
Juice from 1 young coconut plus a few scoops of the coco meat
small handful of goji berries
1 small banana
1 tsp raw agave nectar
4 dates (i soaked these in hot water to make softer for blending)
handful of raw cashews
optional: raw cacao powder

All together in a blender - pulse and blend on high until nice and smooth. Enjoy with a spoon!




What are your favorite smoothie recipes? I am interested in trying some different combos next time. Maybe trying some totally different ingredients as well such as avocado, lemon, and papaya.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite smoothies is one that one of my subscribers sent in, its Banana, Honey and Cinnamon Smoothie.

    Ingredients:
    1 chopped banana
    150gms natural yoghurt
    150mls fresh milk
    1 teaspoon honey
    large pinch of ground cinnamon

    Add all ingredients to your smoothie maker (except the honey), blend until smooth. Next add the honey and blend again (by doing it this way it prevents the honey from gathering around the blade). Pour into a glass and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.

    ReplyDelete